The hardest thing for me to prep ahead of time is breakfast. I mean, I could cook my eggs and then put them in a container for the next day, but… bleh. I’ve tried paleo muffins, protein banana bread and so much more. Nothing has been satisfying.
I’m happy to say that I have FINALLY found my new go-to. It’s the perfect combo of protein, healthy fats and healthy carbs. I pull it out of the oven, let it cool, cut it into bars, wrap in plastic wrap and boom! Done! And it lasts me the entire week. Are you ready for this?! It is BOMB! (Also, cue the fancy pictures. Enjoy!)
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 and 1/3 cup of oats
- 1 and 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 4 eggs (whisk well!)
- 4 tbsp of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of cream of tarter (it’s a spice)
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- Cook apples and coconut oil in skillet
- Combine rest of ingredients in a bowl
- Add apple mixture to the bowl
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
Give this a go. It won’t disappoint and it’s so easy to grab and go. No more excuses of running through Chick Fil A for a chicken biscuit because of ‘time.’ You can do this!